Unprecedented – Challenging – Unparalleled – Life Changing – Unchartered Territory- Surreal
These are some of the words we have all been hearing over and over again over the last several weeks to describe the new reality that we now live in.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our office has always utilized PPE that exceeds all governmental requirements, however in light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have enhanced these in-office PPE requirements. Due to this you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment.
We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff in accordance with recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), Center of Disease Control (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Our office will be in communication with you before your appointment to do a mandatory verbal screening. Any payments due for your visit will be collected at this time.
- We request that you arrive to your dental appointment on-time and text/call us from your car once you have arrived. At that time our staff will let you know if you can come on inside for your dental appointment.
- Patient and Parent temperature will be taken at the door when you come in for your appointment.
- We encourage you to wear a personal face mask when visiting us.
- We are requesting that only 1 parent come back to the treatment bay for your child’s appointment.
- We kindly request that only patients that have dental appointments be brought to the office and other siblings stay at home.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
Based on the most recent guidelines from WA State Governor Jay Inslee and the Washington State Dental Association we have been given the green light as an essential business (Phase 1) to resume dental treatment from May 19th. This is a rather fluid landscape and we are receiving guidelines daily, please watch your email for any further updates. We will be in touch with those of you that have appointments scheduled over the next two weeks to confirm/reappoint if necessary.
We sincerely hope that these changes are short-lived, and we can go back to our normal soon, but until then please be patient with us. If you have any concerns or questions about the steps we are taking, please feel free to reach out to us.
Peace and health,
Dr. Ketan Jumani BDS DDS MPH MSD